Hey HEY, #teamWERKSHOP! Welcome to the world of Anna Akana, where cats and space collide in a loving union of epic proportions! Heh, we kid ...but not really ;) Almost a year ago (oh how time flies in the Land of Rocking Eagles), Anna and Eagle Rock WERKSHOP® teamed up to make leggings that captured the spirit of Anna’s brand Ghost and Stars Apparel while maintaining the high quality that you have come to know and love from WERKSHOP. Anna had the dream of Catstronaut pants with a galaxy correlate , so with her creative guidance we designed into her magical theme and thus Catstronaut pants were born…
Given that the one year anniversary of this dopetastic collab is fast approaching, we wanted to give you all an idea of how totally awesome Anna is and why it has been such a pleasure to work with her. If you don’t know (and it is totally cool if you don’t, we still love ya!) Anna is kiiiiiind of a big deal on the YouTubez. Her brand of comedy is truly unique as she expertly manages to dance the line between truth bombs and light hearted good fun. She is a cat lover (to put it lightly) with a clean and sparkly personality that you can’t help but be drawn to, and then stick around for a binge watching session of her channel (#guiltyascharged).
Peep one of our FAVORITE Anna videos here =)
So, now that I have given you a lil’ bit of backstory to her awesomeness, it is time to get into the super rad stuff.. The interview! I recently had the chance to ask this amazing gal a few questions, and man did she answer them with fiyyyaaaa! So without further ado.. I give you “An Interview with Anna”
1) How has yoga impacted the quality of your life and what keeps you coming back to the mat? Yoga has helped me manage my stress so much. It's hard to have a moment to slow down and really find your breath, but yoga is a constant reminder that it's all gonna be okay haha.
2) If you were to get lost inside Netflix, where would we eventually find you? Black Mirror, most likely!
3) I'd love to hear the story behind your collaboration with WERKSHOP! What inspired the Catstronaut / Galaxy pants and why did you pick WERKSHOP as a brand to collaborate with? It's a funny story. I found Werkshop at a very douchey party at Vidcon. The place literally had women decorated as objects like chandeliers and lamps. They'd hired midgets to go around as oompa loompas. Candy walls you had to lick. Pretty gross, decadent stuff. Chriztina was tucked in a back room where she had sample leggings and my boyfriend snagged me a pair. I fell in love with the quality and the feel of her work and reached out to her. We like to joke that the only decent thing to come out of that party is our partnership.
4) What inspired you to start your Youtube channel and what part of the journey so far has changed you the most? I was doing stand up at the time and frustrated with my anxiety and stage fright. I liked the idea of being able to create from home. The constant grind has changed me a lot; it's given me discipline, but also has forced me to stretch myself artistically to be more creative.
5) If there were a movie made about your life, who would you want to play you and why? I think I'd want Ellen Wong to play me. I loved her in Scott Pilgrim.
6) What top 3 pieces of advice would you give to someone who wanted to start a Youtube channel? Stay consistent, ignore the numbers, and try to challenge yourself.
7) If you were a nail polish, what would be your crazy color name? Twerk-quoise
8) Wild card: if you could answer any question in an interview, what would it be? ....and what would your answer be? Hahaha what a cheat question. I guess it'd be something about cats, cause I love talking about cats. And my answer would be to go adopt two.
So there you have it! A peek into the turbo awesomesauce that is Anna Akana! Personally, I will never forget #twerkquoise..will you? *lols for real* Anna can be found on youtube (with 1.6 million subscribers, hollerrrrrr) twitter, facebook, and insta. Now, go get yo’self some catstronaut pants… cuz everyone deserves an intergalactic booty ;)
Ciao for meow,
Bay (like eBay)
Both leggings are available on Anna's website @ www.ghostandstars.com xo
Comments will be approved before showing up.