FITNESS / YOGA MAT FAQ
|Scroll down for information on our NEW Affirmation Mats! YAY!|
Health & Sustainability:
It’s important to us to take as much care with our planet as we do our bodies, which is why our mats are produced with both sustainability and health in mind. Our mats are made with a fully biodegradable natural tree rubber base – so your children’s children won’t be digging up the remains of your PVC mat a century from now - and the good folks who produce them for us are working on a pay-it-forward initiative to re-home used mats. The inks used to print our rad Eagle Rock WERKSHOP® art that you know and love on the microfiber surface are UV cured, meaning that it dries in seconds under UV lights, which uses limited energy and forgoes the use of harmful solvents to set the designs. Our mats are completely free of yucky stuff like PVC, latex, phthalates and heavy metals.
Surface Texture and Grip:
The days of carrying a separate towel to lay on your mat are over! Unlike most other mats that lose traction with moisture, our mat’s microfiber surface offers more and more grip the wetter it gets, making it the perfect companion for sweatier yoga practices or more intensive exercise regimes.
Please note that with low sweat, low humidity practices, the luxurious, microfiber printed surface can be quite slippery when dry - especially when the mat is new, as it'll feel particularly velvety straight out the box. But not to worry! You can easily use a spray bottle with water to spritz the surface of your mat at the beginning of your practice and again as needed to bring out the awesome grip.
If you happen to sweat excessively during practice (like myself) you may find your sweat pooling on the surface of the mat near the end of class. This can cause you to loose traction and slip. If this should happen, be sure to use a towel to mop up any extra sweat that is pooling to get back to that perfect "sweet spot" of grip that you get at the beginning of class.
Comfort and Portability:
Thick enough to keep your knees nice and happy but light enough to take on the go, this mat strikes the perfect balance between function and portability. The natural rubber base provides a dense cushion that’s gentle on your joints and sturdy enough to hold up to demanding use, while still light enough at under five and half pounds to sling over your shoulder (with the included carrying strap!) and head off to class!
And – here’s one of our favorite little mat features in the WERKSHOP studio! - Don’t you hate how foam mats curl up at the ends when you unroll them? Our mats lay flat even after they’ve been rolled up. =)
- Extra-length at 183cm x 61cm
- 3.5mm thick - great support for your knees!
- robust yet light at approx 5lb 5oz
- Topped with highly absorbent and luxurious microfiber - it’s like having a towel built into your mat!
- Lays FLAT - won’t curl up even after being rolled
- PVC, latex, phthalate and heavy metal free
- sustainably printed using non-toxic solvent free uv cured inks
- Best for “wetter” yoga practices and activities like Bikram, Hot Yoga, Vinyasa and Sweaty Workouts - Grip increases with moisture!
- Comes with a FREE black cotton carrying strap that can also be used during your practice!
Care and Cleaning:
We recommend giving your mat a thorough cleaning once a week with frequent practice.
First, rinse your mat with water. Next, spray it with an anti-bacterial yoga mat spray. (See below for an easy-breezy, awesome-smelling, and all-natural DIY cleaner that we use in the WERKSHOP studio! We’ve tested it out and it’s safe for our mats, but we recommend spot testing any new cleaner on a corner of your mat to be sure that it doesn’t affect the printing.) Gently rub the spray into the mat with your hand and then lightly rinse again. Hang the mat up to dry - it may take a day to dry, depending on what season you're in. Voila! Squeaky clean, happy-smelling mat!
Between practices and once-a-week cleanings, we recommend a light spray down with cleaner and a couple of hours unrolled to dry properly.
DO NOT aggressively scrub your mat or use harsh, chemical sprays. To maximize longevity, we don't recommend throwing your mat into the washing machine or tumble dryer.
DIY Mat Cleaner with Essential Oils!
- Fill a spray bottle with 2-4 ounces of distilled or spring water
- Add 2-4 drops of tea tree oil
- Add 2-4 drops of lemongrass oil
- Shake thoroughly to mix and spray on your mat!
Tea Tree and Lemongrass essential oils have natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and smell lovely!
You can also swap out Tea Tree and Lemongrass for Eucalyptus and Mint! That was the original cleaning solution suggested to us by our manufacturing partner =)
Our laser-engraved yoga mats offer amazing grip for a dry practice and also feature guidelines to help with your alignment while you practice.
- Extra-EXTRA long at 185cm x 68cm (wider and longer than our printed mats)
- 3.5mm thick - great cushion and support for your knees!
- Premium PU (faux leather) Top - Absorbs sweat while you practice.
- Natural/Eco-Friendly Rubber Bottom - Perfect and durable for daily use.
- Robust yet light at approx 5lb 5oz.
- Anti-Slip and Offers a ton of grip, great for a dry practice.
- Lays FLAT - won’t curl up even after being rolled.
- Laser etched design/details to help with proper alignment.
- Note : Affirmation/PU Yoga Mats do not come with a carrying strap.
RETURN POLICY for FITNESS/YOGA MATS:
Fitness/Yoga Mats are eligible for Return for Refund within 14 days as long as the item is in NEW and unused condition with all original packaging. Shipping and Return Shipping for Fitness/Yoga Mats is non-refundable. Please note that Fitness/Yoga Mats are not eligible for "Exchange" at this time and we are unable to provide pre-paid shipping labels for Yoga Mats.
If you would like to initiate a return for a Fitness/Yoga Mat, please email email@example.com and be sure to put your order number in the subject line.